Salmon New Orleans
Sweet and savory pan-seared salmon topped with sautéed shrimp in cajun butter sauce. Salmon New Orleans is an unforgettable 30 minute meal your family will crave!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl stir together all cajun seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly). Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 7-8 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned. Transfer salmon to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in cajun seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and saute until opaque, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp. Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Watch the video
In Our Opinion, this is one of the best fish recipes we have ever found, people who are not fond of salmon, ask for seconds. The recipe looks like it might be hot and spicy, we find it is not. Children enjoy this recipe, so please, try the recipe as is and then modify it to your individual taste on your next attempt